Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Keeping an eye on things

Back to Herceptin on Friday.  I like to think that it's no big deal, but I find my mind going to it over and over.  I expect I'll have that 'first time' reaction.  They tell me I've been off of it long enough that it's like starting over.  It's a weird thing, like intense cold and cramping.  I remember being under tons of covers and not being able to get warm.  But it will be okay.  It doesn't last forever.  Gerry is going to take me and pick me up so I don't have to worry about driving.

I am constantly startled by random beauty in the world.  I'm driving along a city street, and there will be a stand of flowers that makes my heart ache.  I washed Sam this weekend, and now when he lays on me in the sunshine, he smells so wonderful, so fresh and sweet and pure.  I love to look at Josie's face and see her fine, red eyelashes.  She lets me look at her so completely close up.  What an amazing thing to have access to such a fine little animal, right there in our home.  The universe is amazingly beautiful.  Take a close look.

No comments:

Post a Comment