Thursday, February 18, 2010

Up the Down! Up the Down!

Okay, I'm just sayin'. 

Angie's coming to visit!

Well, her first priority isn't really visiting, but she's here, and we get to have her in our house, and I'm very, very happy.  Angie, if you're reading this, you make me happy.  Shelby, I wish like heck that you were going to be here too, but I will wait til June and enjoy the heck out of you then.  OMG, I used 'heck' twice!  For shame!

Outside the window of the conference room at ATC, we can see when people turn North onto Scott Avenue from 14th Street.  It is one way going South.  Today, a black car did it, moving pretty fast.  I just had to call out 'Up the Down! Up the Down!'.

My colleagues had no idea what I was talking about, but still they 'got it'.  Jenny frowned.  She takes it as a personal affront when people do that.  And they do it a lot.

But here's the happy, happy beauty that I get from 'Up the Down'.

It was a wonderful, funny time in a little car with Angie and Shelby.  We were going against the stream in a parking lot, and I called out the only warning my brain could muster. 

"Up the Down!  Up the Down!"

Lordy, how we laughed.

I do like to laugh.  My nieces identify me with that laugh.  It was perhaps too loud for them when they were younger.  But I do love to laugh.

What a fun and wonderful life I have had so far.  So much laughter.  So much fun.  What will tomorrow bring??????

No comments:

Post a Comment