Friday, January 15, 2010

Damned Cancer

So, I kind of freaked out this morning.  I decided I couldn't wait until the 27th to talk to someone about what is going on in my lungs.  God bless Jon Schwartz.  He called and we talked. 

The bottom line, he says to me, "Do you hear any high anxiety in my voice?"  It's still very small, we don't have confirmation that it is even cancer.  It is indeed suspicious.  But radiation isn't an option...I have been radiated there before.  Biopsy, not an option, still too small.  So maybe we wait, do PET scans, watch.  Or maybe we go back on Herceptin.  That's kind of my vote. 

He said, several times, I don't want to do systemic chemo because of the impact on your quality of life.  I find myself with a dry cough that sometimes gets the best of me.  My left lung hurts.  We talk about what we want to do.  I have no grand and lofty goals....should I have some?  ?Does it matter?  Will it matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment