Friday, January 8, 2010

Phoenix and Back

Drove to Phoenix and back yesterday.  No serious delays or problems.

It's probably just a little weird how much I enjoy my car.  It's a little bit of a guilty pleasure I guess.  After years of being the one who drove the Fiero and the BMW's, I don't think G is truly happy in the 'family car', a Ford Taurus Station Wagon.  I was theoretically supposed to drive it, and she was going to get a used convertible once I sold my 1995 Toyota Pickup Truck.  But when it came down to it, I just couldn't let the truck go for some reason, and then, by the time I was ready to sell it, (and truthfully, even before that) I just didn't want to drive the station wagon.  I thought I would.  I thought it was a good solution for us.  I didn't want the open bed truck any more because I was always being asked to haul things.  The wagon fit all the supplies I would need to go to an art show or fair with my things.  But by this point I was driving to a job each day, and I just couldn't see myself in that car.  When I was working for ourselves, I didn't drive the truck on a regular basis.  I remember even asking G if we could both 'share' the smaller car depending on who was going somewhere on any particular day.  The wagon would be the utility vehicle, the 'second' vehicle.  I couldn't do it on a daily basis.

So in December of 06, I wanted a Beetle.  She wanted a convertible.  We bought this baby blue, grey rag top.  It is my sanctuary in many ways.  My music, my radio station.  I now drive us to the fun things we do together. 

The drive to and from Phoenix was like extended therapy yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment